Monday, October 25, 2010

Sunflowers in a mason jar

Sunflowers came home with me again last week after a fundraiser at the art center.  This time I tried them in pastel and in a larger size.  At 18x24, this is the largest still life I've tried in pastel.   The multiple, long bright petals are perfect for the sort of loose, gestural quality I've been leaning towards.  And I decided I needed to use more red in the work this time.  It's a color I rarely chose as I seem to lean more towards the warm browns and blues.  I like how just a bit of red here and there in the flowers really makes the color pop.  I'm going to have to use it more often, although I obviously have no intention of abandoning my bright blues!


For some reason I can't get the image to load on the blog, you'll have to follow the link to see.  I'll see if it works tomorrow.


Update:  Still can't load a picture on this post, you'll just have to use the link.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment