Friday, September 23, 2011

etsy.com prep

I've been doing some work recently in my etsy shop, getting things ready to open it again as a venue for selling artwork.  For those of you who aren't familiar with the site, it is modeled somewhat after ebay.  However, unlike ebay, all the prices are set and there are no "auctions" or bidding.  And etsy caters specifically to the creative types.  The only things that can be sold on etsy are handmade, one of a kind items, plus a few vintage things and arts and crafts supplies.  Crafts outnumber arts, but there are a lot of artists on there.  Personally I find the environment a lot more friendly and a lot less chaotic than ebay, where it is far too easy to get lost in the shuffle.

Right now I am in the process of ordering supplies and just generally organizing things to get ready.  When everything is up and running, I will post to let everyone know, and I will have a link to the shop available on the blog, the website, Facebook and Twitter.  More details will follow when it's all said and done, hopefully by the end of next week, if not sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment