Saturday, December 29, 2012

Playing the blues

untitled blue 6x6 oil, copyright 2012

A week or so ago I found myself very frustrated with a pastel - it wasn't (and really still isn't) working out and I needed a break from it.  There are a few of this little gallery wrap canvases lying around, so I decided to attack one with blue paint and a palette knife.  The original plan, such as it was, was to paint the sky with a few clouds.  That notion disappeared as the paint got thicker and took a life of its own.   If you squint a little bit, it almost looks like a landscape, maybe water rushing around hills or mountains.    Or not.  

I haven't decided if I will keep or paint over it, but it was therapeutic to not have to worry about the end result.  And of course I do love my blues!

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was the ocean. Love it whatever it is.

    btw I like the drawing of your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be the ocean if you want it to be. Someone else said they thought it looked like rapids. Thanks Sue!

    ReplyDelete