Saturday, February 6, 2010

Two shows

Every year the Rosewood Gallery in Kettering has a show titled "Dayton Area Works on Paper". It's a good show, and one that I have yet to be accepted into. I'm going to try again this year, with "Spider Plant" and "Blue Vase" and possibly a third one as well. Most of the pieces accepted are very contemporary which probably explains my difficulties. There are always a few more traditional pieces however, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Later in the month is the dropoff for another show, this one in Union City, which straddles the Ohio-Indiana border. It's a smaller show in a small town, with a more traditional bent. This one I have no trouble getting into. I'll wait and see what (if anything) is accepted into the Works on Paper before deciding what to take. After that, spring shows come up in rapid succession, and I hope to have a lot of good quality pieces for multiple entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment