Monday, January 18, 2010

Struggling with roses

I've started working on the pastel I mentioned earlier, based on the photograph posted below. An album of the work thus far can be seen on Facebook. It's been a bit of a struggle, and I am now remembering why I usually avoid roses - they are notoriously difficult for me! Much of the rest of the painting turned out well, and I am especially pleased with the camera. After working and reworking the roses though, I was quite tempted to give up and simply cut the paper in half. But I've decided to give it another try after wiping off the roses and laying down another layer of primer. With all the work that's been put into it, it's become a matter of pride now to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment